AKEDA provides help and inspires hope by engaging our diverse communities in education, advocacy and support for Alaskans affected by eating disorders.
If you need help now call or text 988 for the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline.
Wed, Apr 26|
BP Energy Center
Temperament Based Therapy with Support - 3 Day Skills Based Training
Looking to provide effective new techniques for clients with eating disorders? This lively, evidenced-based training will use neurobiological research to enable clients understand their genetic traits to shift unhealthy actions furthering their ED to healthier responses leading to recovery.
Time & Location
Apr 26, 9:00 AM – Apr 28, 4:00 PM
BP Energy Center, 1014 Energy Ct, Anchorage, AK 99508, USA
About the event
Join us April 26-28, 2023 live in Anchorage, Alaska for the first Level 2 TBT-S Certification Training in the United States! Be at the forefront of the latest evidence-based treatments for patients with eating disorders.
Location: BP Energy Center, Anchorage, Alaska (https://www.bpenergycenter.org/visit)
Temperament-Based Therapy with Support (TBT-S) is a novel approach for clients with eating disorders. Clients consistently report that it increases their motivation to change and it improve outcomes. This treatment integrates genetic, neurobiological and temperament research into treatment applications to augment current therapies. While this training is focused on clinicians (therapists, dietitians, medical providers) who work with clients ages 16 and older, 85% of the training can be applied to adolescents and their parents/caregivers.
In this 3-day, highly interactive training, clinicians learn how to help clients understand ED brain responses that cause various ED thoughts and feelings. The clinicians will then practice using the tools that help clients identify their temperament traits and use their own traits in a strength-based way to explore healthier responses through tested and structured problem solving activities.
TBT-S is grounded and structured by five core principles from eating disordercneurobiological research: 1. Eating disorders are brain and biologically based illnesses. 2. Treat to the trait or the temperament underpinnings. 3. Food is medicine. 4. Supports are a necessary part of the treatment process. 5. Action or movement is fundamental to change.
Join AKEDA and TBT-S principal author Dr. Laura Hill, PhD for this live, in person 3-day training in Anchorage, Alaska at the BP Energy Center. Attendees will acquire 18 hours of CEs and meet all requirements to attain Level 2 TBT-S Certification. This will be a highly interactive and application-oriented conference where attendees will benefit from a detailed training with one of the world's most renowned eating disorder experts.
Description and expectations of TBT-S Intermediate, Level 2 Training Description and Expectations
- Level 2, Intermediate TBT-S Training is all about practice and application.
- All Level 2 Trainings are face-to-face.
- TBT-S clinical and client tools and modules are "tried on" and practiced while being coached on how, when, why and where the tools could be applied to augment ongoing therapies.
- This version will focus on Adult TBT-S Training (18 yrs. and above). This includes young adults through older adults with eating disorders. It provides tools for Severe-and-Enduring Anorexia Nervosa.
- Complete 6 hours of virtual video TBT-S trainings on your own time, accessible for clinicians to view any time of the day or night.
- There are more than 6 hours of TBT-S Training Videos offered. Professionals can choose the virtual trainings that best fit their practices or educational settings.
- Video trainings range from 15 minutes ($5.00), 1/2 hour ($9.00), & 1 hour ($18.00).
- Each video is followed by quiz questions.
- A Certificate of Completion is awarded when Level 1 requirements are met.
By completing the virtual Level 1, participants will be prepared to understand and maximize their Level 2 training in person with Dr. Hill to apply and practice TBT-S tools.
Snacks and lunch will be provided each day as part of your registration.
Day One ContentBP Energy Center
Day Two ContentBP Energy Center
3-day Level 2 TBT-S
From $450.00 to $650.00
This fee includes lunch and refreshments during the training.
From $450.00 to $650.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal